Do you want to achieve high performance? If you do your start point has to be authenticity, that’s just the way it is. Authenticity taps into some of our most basic needs – instinct and intuition. Notice these words start with IN – authenticity is a ‘work in’ not necessarily a work out. The practice of recognising our inner values. Here is a short promo vid…
So in order to get you started I am in the process of creating an online course – The Seven Secrets of Authenticity. Given that I recognise it as a start point then I have to make it accessible. What better way to do this than to keep it relevant, concise, cutting edge and FREE of charge!? Hurry up as I might change my mind, but once I publish it (keep an eye out for other postings in the next few weeks) then this is definitely my intention.
Here is a bit more detail about the course itself…
1) IDENTITY – aligning yourself. In order to be authentic we have to raise our self-awareness and locate our true identity. Being mindful that the external environment is important, but ensuring we focus on the inner also.
2) INNER – skillfully expressing yourself. It is one thing recognizing our inner value and the external influences. But, a greater appreciation of authenticity comes when we skillfully apply these values.
3) INSIGHT – taking a stand. Reflecting on the values that are important to you is the foundation of authentic practice. Remembering when you first recognised these values begs us to ask the question– are you taking a stand for these values now?
4) INSPIRATION – mapping passion & outcomes. If we are authentic then often we love what we do. To make sure we are precise in the choices we make I encourage you to describe your passions and assign outcomes to these.
5) IMPORTANCE – doing & not doing. Simply put authentic people know what makes them tick. They recognize the ‘positive’ (what to do) and the ‘negative’ (what not to do). Then you can be clear on – what you want to be free to do and what you need to be free from.
6) IMAGINE – questioning direction & resistance. Ask yourself questions that move away from facts and cliché. If you need direction in your life ask yourself: who are you being? If you face resistance ask yourself: how do you know (what you know)?
7) IMPACT – hacking authenticity. Integrate authentic practice into your everyday life. Create rituals and habits that might take minutes, occur daily or assigned over the course of a week.